This is the largest of the legendary Frost River Isle Royale bushcraft packs (730) and is made from waxed canvas, buckskin, bridle leather and solid brass fittings.
These traditional style packs have been used around the world for generations, by people who depend on them. A split seam, a torn pack or a broken strap can lead to all manner of unintended consequences. When you're miles from civilisation; you need reliability and that's why Frost River packs and bags are engineered to meet the demands of your every adventure and are guaranteed to last a lifetime.
A handcrafted, waxed canvas pack has a unique quality that is missing from other packs made from synthetic materials; it fits better with the natural environment. It’s built to be used in the forests, on the rivers, up the mountain or wherever your adventure takes you.
Compliment your pack with a pair of leather bedroll straps, here
Isle Royale 730 dimensions:
- Size: 59H x 38W x 20D cm
- Volumes: Compact 45L / Expanded 81L
- Weight: 3.1Kgs
- Twin, vertical 2-in-1 pockets straddle an axe sleeve. Pair it with one of our axes or hatchets.
- Each pocket is roughly the size of a 1L bottle and provides a space between the pocket and pack body to stow a folding saw or other long, thin object and keep it handy
- Premium Buckskin padded backstraps are comfortable and durable
- Includes a robust sternum strap
- All the straps are carefully selected and cut from a side of strong bridle leather
- Lashing and compression at the sides with bridle leather straps, tough diamond-braid nylon cord and solid brass rings and buckles.
- A slip pocket at the bottom of each side panel, two D-rings on the lid and lash squares at the bottom (four squares on the full size and Jr., two squares on the Mini) allow gear to be stored on the outside of the pack.
- The lid features a slim pocket for maps or other essentials.
- Outer pockets feature solid brass grommet weep holes to purge duff and water.
- Medium Cotton Web Belt that fits 30”-44”. Consider adding a padded waist belt which may be found here